1992 All People's Network Conference
DQ University, March 1991
1. Declare and reaffirm October 12, 1992 as International Day of Solidarity with Indigenous Peoples.
2. Advocate for treaty rights and non-treaty indigenous Nations.
3. Encourage legislation that liberalizes border crossing. We do not recognize borders.
4. Join in support of no energy or material consumption on October 13, 1992.
5. Call on the United Nations to sponsor a conference on 1992-1993 activities for indigenous peoples.
6. Communicate to the Pope our indigenous point of view regarding the 500 year commemoration.
7. Coordinate common dates in which indigenous peoples can join together in a common effort, for
example, quarterly at season changes (similar to Earth Day).
8. Call to the Churches to apologize and support an indigenous perspective of 1992.
9. Call on the European Common Market to not invest in Latin American countries where governments are
violating human rights.
10. Demand the restriction of landing of the three ships, the Nina, the Pinta and the Santa Maria.
Source: 500 Years of Resistance;
1992 International Directory and Resource Guide. Oakland: South and
Meso-American Indian Information Center (SAIIC),